WELCOME to our website
The purpose of this website is to make available the preached ministry and writings of Dr. Harry Kilbride.
“…if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me – the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.” (Acts 20:24)
As we celebrate the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation our featured sermon is from the Foundations series on the subject of “Justification by Faith”. This was the truth Martin Luther came to understand – that salvation is by GRACE alone; through FAITH alone; in JESUS CHRIST alone.
“On Christ the solid rock I stand; All other ground is sinking sand”
This is the refrain of our featured hymn reflecting the truths believed and preached by Luther and on which we also stand.
Notes for October/November:
- In honor of the 500th Anniversary of Luther’s nailing of his 95 Theses on the door of Wittenberg Church I have written an article reflecting on Luther’s historic act and his Legacy for today. It is entitled: “A Day to Remember – October 31, 1517.” It can be found on the page – From Harry’s desk…2017
- Click on From Harry’s desk…2017 and scroll down for previous articles from this year: Reflections on turning 80 – June’s article prompted by her 80th birthday (July); my article on Jews, Arabs, Jesus and His people (March); and New Location – Same Ministry (January). Scroll down on the page to find the previous articles.
- This month we commence a new series of expositions of Paul’s Epistle to the Ephesians, chapter 1. Harry thinks this chapter is one of the gems of Scripture. He would describe it as “A NECKLACE OF JEWELS” or “LIVING IN THE HEAVENLIES”. The first thirteen sermons which comprise chapter 1 can be found on the page Ephesians. The sermon “PEP 6 – Who rules the Universe?” contains a section describing the Reformation and the work of Luther.
- The ongoing series, “Delivered from Evil – WWII” is divided into four pages for easier navigation and reading. Chapters 1-4 of the series are now on the page Delivered from Evil – WWII – Chapters 1-4. Chapters 5-8 of the series are on the page Delivered from Evil – WWII – Chapters 5-8. Chapters 9-12 of the series are on the page Delivered from Evil – WWII – Chapters 9-12. Chapter 13 of the series is on the page Delivered from Evil – WWII – Chapters 13-14
- In addition to audio messages we have on the site written articles on the subject of Revival. Click on the following links: What is Revival or The Great Awakening , or Frontier Frenzy…and Silent Tears. Links to these articles can also be found on the Archives page together with the “From Harry’s desk… for 2014. Click on From Harry’s Desk…2014
In this 21st century when the world is changing so rapidly and becoming increasingly uncertain, we believe that there is one foundation that is sure and unchanging – God’s Word. Harry’s preaching method is expository, that is, God’s Word explained and applied to every day life.
With the advent of the internet and all the modern technological advances it is now possible to make Harry’s ministry freely accessible to anyone who visits this website.
“I came to faith hearing the message of Christ preached through the evangelist Billy Graham on March 2, 1954 in Harringay Arena, London, England, and I am now well advanced in years.
Most of my life since 1954 has been spent preaching and teaching God’s Word. The majority of those messages were recorded. We have taken a selection of messages from several sermon series and have put them on this website to be listened to online, or downloaded for later listening. ”
If you have visited our site and like it, please pass on the information to your friends. We love to hear from friends old and new. Do write to us through our Contact page.
To learn more about Dr. Harry Kilbride, please visit the About page.
For a description of the sermon series, please visit the Sermon Descriptions page.
To access the MP3 format sermons, please visit the Sermon Series page or go directly to each series from the list at the side of the Home page.
Harry’s book “When the Road is Rough and Steep” contains messages about the hardships we may face in life such as, tragedy, depression, doubt, and anguish. Details of how to obtain copies of the book, either in paperback or e-book format, can be found on the Publications page. Also listed are some messages which have been produced in booklet format.
We plan to feature on the website other writings, jottings, and news. To access those click on the Articles page.
Last, but not least, we have added an Archives page to the site, on which we will put previous articles from the Articles page when they are replaced by new material.
Header picture: A church in the mountains above Zermatt, Switzerland