WELCOME to our website
The purpose of this website is to make available the preached ministry and writings of Dr. Harry Kilbride.
“…if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me – the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.” (Acts 20:24)
We live in a world where there is much suffering – through sickness, persecution, war, and natural disasters. Our featured sermon this month expounds 1 Peter 4:19 and examines, in the light of God’s Word, our Christian reaction to suffering.
The words of this well known hymn are quoted in their entirety towards the end of our featured sermon this month. The recording was made at Lansdowne Baptist Church, Bournemouth, England in 1981.
Notes for September:
- I continue to work on the second part of the final episode, chapter 13, of my WWII series – Delivered from Evil. We have now posted Part 1 of the chapter covering the invasion of Okinawa and the terrible fire-bombing of Tokyo and other Japanese cites. It can be found on the page – From Harry’s desk…2017 Part 2 of chapter 13 will cover the history-making introduction to the world of nuclear weapons. I cannot help but reflect how relevant this is. As I have been writing the chapter, the horrific possibility of nuclear war is once more on our minds as events and threats unfold around us. God have mercy on us all.
- Click on From Harry’s desk…2017 and scroll down for previous articles from this year – Reflections on turning 80 – June’s article prompted by her 80th birthday (July); chapter 12 of the WWII series (June); my article on Jews, Arabs, Jesus and His people (March); and New Location – Same Ministry (January). Scroll down on the page to find the previous articles.
- New messages added this month are expositions of Matthew chapter 7 in the series on the Teaching of the Lord Jesus Christ in the Sermon on the Mount. They can be found on the page – The Teaching of Jesus
- The ongoing series, “Delivered from Evil – WWII” is divided into three pages for easier navigation and reading. Chapters 1-4 of the series are now on the page Delivered from Evil – WWII – Chapters 1-4. Chapters 5-8 of the series are on the page Delivered from Evil – WWII – Chapters 5-8. Chapters 9-11 of the series are on the page Delivered from Evil – WWII – Chapters 9-12.
- In addition to audio messages we have on the site written articles on the subject of Revival. Click on the following links: What is Revival or The Great Awakening , or Frontier Frenzy…and Silent Tears. Links to these articles can also be found on the Archives page together with the “From Harry’s desk… for 2014. Click on From Harry’s Desk…2014
In this 21st century when the world is changing so rapidly and becoming increasingly uncertain, we believe that there is one foundation that is sure and unchanging – God’s Word. Harry’s preaching method is expository, that is, God’s Word explained and applied to every day life.
With the advent of the internet and all the modern technological advances it is now possible to make Harry’s ministry freely accessible to anyone who visits this website.
“I came to faith hearing the message of Christ preached through the evangelist Billy Graham on March 2, 1954 in Harringay Arena, London, England, and I am now well advanced in years.
Most of my life since 1954 has been spent preaching and teaching God’s Word. The majority of those messages were recorded. We have taken a selection of messages from several sermon series and have put them on this website to be listened to online, or downloaded for later listening. ”
If you have visited our site and like it, please pass on the information to your friends. We love to hear from friends old and new. Do write to us through our Contact page.
To learn more about Dr. Harry Kilbride, please visit the About page.
For a description of the sermon series, please visit the Sermon Descriptions page.
To access the MP3 format sermons, please visit the Sermon Series page or go directly to each series from the list at the side of the Home page.
Harry’s book “When the Road is Rough and Steep” contains messages about the hardships we may face in life such as, tragedy, depression, doubt, and anguish. Details of how to obtain copies of the book, either in paperback or e-book format, can be found on the Publications page. Also listed are some messages which have been produced in booklet format.
We plan to feature on the website other writings, jottings, and news. To access those click on the Articles page.
Last, but not least, we have added an Archives page to the site, on which we will put previous articles from the Articles page when they are replaced by new material.
Header picture: HK with Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones and Rev. James Kilbride at his installation as Pastor of Lansdowne Baptist Church, Bournemouth, England – January 1976