WELCOME to our website
The purpose of this website is to make available the preached ministry and writings of Dr. Harry Kilbride.
“…if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me – the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.” (Acts 20:24)
Our featured sermon this month comes from the series entitled, The Teaching of Jesus, and is taken from Matthew, chapter 6, the section of Our Lord’s teaching known as The Sermon on the Mount.
This month’s music features the well-known hymn, “Crown Him with many crowns”. As with most of our featured music the recording was made of the Lansdowne congregation in 1981.
Notes for October:
- As Christians we are surely committed to studying the teachings of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. To this end we have added 8 more sermons to the series based on the Parables of Jesus. The new titles are parables from Matthew’s Gospel as follows: The Pearl of Great Price; The Dragnet; The Lost Sheep; The Unforgiving Servant; The Labourers in the Vineyard; The Two Sons; The Wicked Tenants; and The Marriage of the King’s Son. These sermons can be found on the page: The Parables of Jesus
- The narratives describing the story of World War II are now on a page of their own. There are links to each of the sub-pages together with a brief summary of the contents of each page. Click on: The Story of World War II
- The Sermon Descriptions page has been renamed Sermon Titles – by Series and is relocated on the Sermon Series page – Sermon Titles – by Series This page lists the titles of all the sermons in each series and is designed as an overview to help visitors in locating sermons on specific subjects.
- The articles From Harry’s desk can now be found on a page of their own listed by year from 2014 – 2018. For ease of navigation the parent page contains a list of the articles featured in each year along with the link to that particular year. Click on: From Harry’s desk
- We mentioned previously that we will be publishing some of Harry’s booklets on our website. We have now posted the booklets entitled: Trustworthy and True and The Virgin Birth – relevant in the 21st century?
In this 21st century when the world is changing so rapidly and becoming increasingly uncertain, we believe that there is one foundation that is sure and unchanging – God’s Word. Harry’s preaching method is expository, that is, God’s Word explained and applied to every day life.
With the advent of the internet and all the modern technological advances it is now possible to make Harry’s ministry freely accessible to anyone who visits this website.
“I came to faith hearing the message of Christ preached through the evangelist Billy Graham on March 2, 1954 in Harringay Arena, London, England, and I am now well advanced in years.
Most of my life since 1954 has been spent preaching and teaching God’s Word. The majority of those messages were recorded. We have taken a selection of messages from several sermon series and have put them on this website to be listened to online, or downloaded for later listening. ”
If you have visited our site and like it, please pass on the information to your friends. We love to hear from friends old and new. Do write to us through our Contact page.
To learn more about Dr. Harry Kilbride, please visit the About page.
To access the MP3 format sermons, please visit the Sermon Series page or go directly to each series from the list at the side of the Home page.
Harry’s book “When the Road is Rough and Steep” contains messages about the hardships we may face in life such as, tragedy, depression, doubt, and anguish. Details of how to obtain copies of the book, either in paperback or e-book format, can be found on the Publications page. Also listed are some messages which have been produced in booklet format.
We plan to feature on the website other writings, jottings, and news. To access those click on the Articles page.
Our header picture was taken of the Autumn colors in Larchmont, New York.