WELCOME to our website
The purpose of this website is to make available the preached ministry and writings of Dr. Harry Kilbride.
“…if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me – the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.” (Acts 20:24)
Why did Jesus teach in parables? This month’s featured sermon examines our Lord’s own answer to the question, which may be surprising to many. It is the first message in a new series on the Parables of Jesus (see below in the Notes for August).
Our featured music this month is an old hymn of dedication, Teach me Thy way, O Lord.
“Teach me Thy way, O Lord, Teach me Thy Way! Thy gracious aid afford, Teach me Thy way! Help me to walk aright, More by faith, less by sight; Lead me with heavenly light, Teach me Thy way!
When doubts and fears arise, Teach me Thy way! When storms o’erspread the skies, Teach me Thy way! Shine through the cloud and rain, Through sorrow, toil and pain; Make Thou my pathway plain, Teach me Thy way!
Long as my life shall last, Teach me Thy way! Where’er my lot be cast, Teach me Thy way! Until the race is run, Until the journey’s done, Until the crown is won, Teach me Thy way!”
Notes for August:
- As Christians we are surely committed to studying the teachings of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. To this end we are adding a new series to the collections of messages dealing with the life and teaching of our Lord by commencing a series studying the Parables of Jesus. The first four messages in the series are as follows: Why Jesus taught in Parables; The Sower; The Wheat and the Weeds; and Two Parables: the Mustard Seed and the Leaven.These sermons can be found on the page: The Parables of Jesus
- This month on From Harry’s Desk…2019 we are continuing the series of meditations from Our Lord’s first cry from the Cross, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing”. The second meditation focuses on the words, “…they do not know what they are doing.”
- Scroll down on the 2019 page for the moving and inspiring article by Ceri Brown, “Choose Joy”, that we featured for Easter, and also for the first meditation on “Father, forgive them…”
- The narratives describing the story of World War II are now on a page of their own. There are links to each of the sub-pages together with a brief summary of the contents of each page. Click on: The Story of World War II
- The Sermon Descriptions page has been renamed Sermon Titles – by Series and is relocated on the Sermon Series page – Sermon Titles – by Series This page lists the titles of all the sermons in each series and is designed as an overview to help visitors in locating sermons on specific subjects.
- The articles From Harry’s desk can now be found on a page of their own listed by year from 2014 – 2018. For ease of navigation the parent page contains a list of the articles featured in each year along with the link to that particular year. Click on: From Harry’s desk
- We mentioned previously that we will be publishing some of Harry’s booklets on our website. We have now posted the booklets entitled: Trustworthy and True and The Virgin Birth – relevant in the 21st century?
In this 21st century when the world is changing so rapidly and becoming increasingly uncertain, we believe that there is one foundation that is sure and unchanging – God’s Word. Harry’s preaching method is expository, that is, God’s Word explained and applied to every day life.
With the advent of the internet and all the modern technological advances it is now possible to make Harry’s ministry freely accessible to anyone who visits this website.
“I came to faith hearing the message of Christ preached through the evangelist Billy Graham on March 2, 1954 in Harringay Arena, London, England, and I am now well advanced in years.
Most of my life since 1954 has been spent preaching and teaching God’s Word. The majority of those messages were recorded. We have taken a selection of messages from several sermon series and have put them on this website to be listened to online, or downloaded for later listening. ”
If you have visited our site and like it, please pass on the information to your friends. We love to hear from friends old and new. Do write to us through our Contact page.
To learn more about Dr. Harry Kilbride, please visit the About page.
To access the MP3 format sermons, please visit the Sermon Series page or go directly to each series from the list at the side of the Home page.
Harry’s book “When the Road is Rough and Steep” contains messages about the hardships we may face in life such as, tragedy, depression, doubt, and anguish. Details of how to obtain copies of the book, either in paperback or e-book format, can be found on the Publications page. Also listed are some messages which have been produced in booklet format.
We plan to feature on the website other writings, jottings, and news. To access those click on the Articles page.
Our header picture was taken as the sun was setting over the Gulf of Mexico in Sarasota, Florida.