WELCOME TO OUR WEBSITE
As we enter a new decade – the 2020s – we take this opportunity of wishing all of our visitors a Happy and Blessed New Year.
June and I read an old hymn together as we committed ourselves afresh to the Lord and His service. The first verse reads as follows: “Father, let me dedicate all this year to Thee, In whatever worldly state Thou wilt have me be: Not from sorrow, pain or care, freedom dare I claim: This alone shall be my prayer, ‘Glorify Thy name.'”
May this be the prayer of all who visit this page.
The purpose of this website is to make available the preached ministry and writings of Dr. Harry Kilbride.
“…if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me – the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.” (Acts 20:24)
Our featured sermon into January is an exposition of the verse, “For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.”
Our featured music is a prayer for a new decade in a suffering world without hope and without Christ, “Make me a channel of your peace, Where there is hatred let me bring your love; where there is injury, your pardon, Lord; and where there’s doubt true faith in you. Make me a channel of your peace, Where there’s despair in life let me bring hope; where there is darkness only Light; and where there’s sadness ever joy. Oh Master, grant that I may never seek so much to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love with all my heart.”
Notes for January:
- Last month we added an update and Christmas meditation on the page – From Harry’s Desk…2019
- We have added 4 more sermons to the series studying the Parables of Jesus. The new titles are parables from the Gospel of Luke as follows: The Friend at Midnight; The Rich Fool; The Waiting Servants and Working Stewards; and The Unfruitful Fig Tree. These sermons can be found on the page: The Parables of Jesus
- The narratives describing the story of World War II are now on a page of their own. There are links to each of the sub-pages together with a brief summary of the contents of each page. Click on: The Story of World War II
- The Sermon Descriptions page has been renamed Sermon Titles – by Series and is relocated on the Sermon Series page – Sermon Titles – by Series This page lists the titles of all the sermons in each series and is designed as an overview to help visitors in locating sermons on specific subjects.
- The articles From Harry’s desk can now be found on a page of their own listed by year from 2014 – 2018. For ease of navigation the parent page contains a list of the articles featured in each year along with the link to that particular year. Click on: From Harry’s desk
- We mentioned previously that we will be publishing some of Harry’s booklets on our website. We have now posted the booklets entitled: Trustworthy and True and The Virgin Birth – relevant in the 21st century?
In this 21st century when the world is changing so rapidly and becoming increasingly uncertain, we believe that there is one foundation that is sure and unchanging – God’s Word. Harry’s preaching method is expository, that is, God’s Word explained and applied to every day life.
With the advent of the internet and all the modern technological advances it is now possible to make Harry’s ministry freely accessible to anyone who visits this website.
“I came to faith hearing the message of Christ preached through the evangelist Billy Graham on March 2, 1954 in Harringay Arena, London, England, and I am now well advanced in years.
Most of my life since 1954 has been spent preaching and teaching God’s Word. The majority of those messages were recorded. We have taken a selection of messages from several sermon series and have put them on this website to be listened to online, or downloaded for later listening. ”
If you have visited our site and like it, please pass on the information to your friends. We love to hear from friends old and new. Do write to us through our Contact page.
To learn more about Dr. Harry Kilbride, please visit the About page.
To access the MP3 format sermons, please visit the Sermon Series page or go directly to each series from the list at the side of the Home page.
Harry’s book “When the Road is Rough and Steep” contains messages about the hardships we may face in life such as, tragedy, depression, doubt, and anguish. Details of how to obtain copies of the book, either in paperback or e-book format, can be found on the Publications page. Also listed are some messages which have been produced in booklet format.
We plan to feature on the website other writings, jottings, and news. To access those click on the Articles page.
Our header picture shows a wintry scene in Central Florida.