WELCOME TO OUR WEBSITE
In this month of June 2020 we are beginning to see the lifting of the lockdown measures over much of Europe, including the United Kingdom. There is so much that continues to be unknown about the coronavirus, and the associated COVID-19 disease that is plaguing the entire world. The full economic impact of the pandemic is yet to be revealed. Christians continue to have to worship virtually through the internet, rather than together in churches and chapels. Many thousands of people have died, so many without the comfort of loved ones around them. The thoughts and prayers of June and me reach out to those who visit our website who may have suffered grievous loss through death, or economic hardship. We pray that the Lord, the Comforter, will strengthen and sustain you through these uncertain times.
The purpose of this website is to make available the preached ministry and writings of Dr. Harry Kilbride.
“…if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me – the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.” (Acts 20:24)
Our featured sermon for June is taken from Luke’s Gospel chapter 13, verses 1-5 where Our Lord Jesus Christ comments about disasters of his time.
This version of the hymn “I will sing the wondrous story of the Christ Who died for me…” is by Praise Gathering.
Notes for June:
- This month we have added 4 new messages to the series entitled: The Life of David the King. The titles are as follows: David and Abigail; Failure of Faith; The Medium of Endor; and Restoration of Faith. Click on: Life of David
- Reflecting on today’s worldwide pandemic, and our reactions to it, is an article posted on “From Harry’s desk…2020”. Click on: From Harry’s Desk…2020 A very relevant sermon for these times entitled, Jesus and Disasters” based on Luke 13: 1-5 can be found on the page, Special Occasions. Click on Special Occasions
- With the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II taking place this month, the narratives describing the story of World War II have a special poignancy. The narrative is divided into fourteen chapters on four pages. A brief summary of the contents of each chapter with a link to each page can be found by clicking on: The Story of World War II
- The Sermon Descriptions page has been renamed Sermon Titles – by Series and is relocated on the Sermon Series page – Sermon Titles – by Series This page lists the titles of all the sermons in each series and is designed as an overview to help visitors in locating sermons on specific subjects.
- The articles From Harry’s desk can now be found on a page of their own listed by year from 2014 – 2020. For ease of navigation the parent page contains a list of the articles featured in each year along with the link to that particular year. Click on: From Harry’s desk
- We mentioned previously that we will be publishing some of Harry’s booklets on our website. We have now posted the booklets entitled: Trustworthy and True and The Virgin Birth – relevant in the 21st century?
In this 21st century when the world is changing so rapidly and becoming increasingly uncertain, we believe that there is one foundation that is sure and unchanging – God’s Word. Harry’s preaching method is expository, that is, God’s Word explained and applied to every day life.
With the advent of the internet and all the modern technological advances it is now possible to make Harry’s ministry freely accessible to anyone who visits this website.
“I came to faith hearing the message of Christ preached through the evangelist Billy Graham on March 2, 1954 in Harringay Arena, London, England, and I am now well advanced in years.
Most of my life since 1954 has been spent preaching and teaching God’s Word. The majority of those messages were recorded. We have taken a selection of messages from several sermon series and have put them on this website to be listened to online, or downloaded for later listening. ”
If you have visited our site and like it, please pass on the information to your friends. We love to hear from friends old and new. Do write to us through our Contact page.
To learn more about Dr. Harry Kilbride, please visit the About page.
To access the MP3 format sermons, please visit the Sermon Series page or go directly to each series from the list at the side of the Home page.
Harry’s book “When the Road is Rough and Steep” contains messages about the hardships we may face in life such as, tragedy, depression, doubt, and anguish. Details of how to obtain copies of the book, either in paperback or e-book format, can be found on the Publications page. Also listed are some messages which have been produced in booklet format.
We plan to feature on the website other writings, jottings, and news. To access those click on the Articles page.