Harry Kilbride was British born and ministered in churches on both sides of the Atlantic. He earned his Teaching Diploma and Degree in Divinity from the University of London, UK; and his Doctor of Ministry degree from the Luther Rice Seminary, USA. Prior to entering the Christian ministry he served for three years in the British Royal Air Force, followed by a successful career in education, both as a teacher and then as a Senior Lecturer at a college for the training of teachers. He and his wife, June, have four children and seven grandchildren.
For 20 years, ending in 2009, Harry’s expository ministry was broadcast on a number of radio stations up and down the East Coast of the U.S.A. under the name Kerygma Ministries. Many of the sermons available for download on this website were originally aired on the radio. Over the past 20-plus years June has devoted her time to transferring Harry’s ministry from cassette tape into digital format making up a library of more than 700 messages. Friends and relatives urged us to make some of this ministry available online and this website is a response to those requests.
Since Harry retired from an active preaching ministry he and June continued to minister through the printed word and recorded ministry from their home in Dorset, UK, to which they relocated from Florida, U.S.A. in October 2016. This was ongoing until Harry’s Homecall on July 30th, 2022, at the age of 88 years.
It is my prayer that many will be blessed and edified through the sermons and writings available on this site. I am greatly encouraged that almost every day there are people reading the articles or listening to the expositions of God’s Word in near and far distant parts of the world.
In Harry’s old age and declining health the motto for his life was found in Acts 20, verse 24, “…if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me – the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.”
Harry’s race is now finished. In the last few weeks of his life we talked about the future of our website should the Lord call him Home. Although we do not have huge numbers of visitors to the site there is sufficient interest to keep it going for the time being. All the material contained on the site is available for download free of charge for anyone who can benefit from it. God willing, I hope to keep the site up and running at least until the 1st anniversary of Harry’s death.
A Thanksgiving Service remembering Harry Kilbride’s life and ministry was held on Friday, August 19, 2022. It followed a private burial service at which family members and one or two very close friends were present.
My family joins me in thanking all those who wrote, sent cards, and in other ways expressed their sympathy and condolences with us in our time of loss – and for the many expressions of what Harry’s ministry had meant to them over the years. They have been a great comfort to us.
Updated by JEK – March 22, 2023
What we Believe We believe:
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God. It is a “lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path” (Psalm 119:105).
- Men and women are sinners in need of repentance and God’s forgiveness (Romans 3:23; 6:23).
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. Jesus died on the Cross and, through His sacrifice, will save for all eternity those who put their trust in Him (John 1:1-3; 11b; 3:16). He rose again from the dead and ascended into Heaven (John 20 and 21; Acts 1:1-11).
- The sinner is saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone (John 14:6; Romans 10:9; Ephesians 2:8).
- At death the saved go immediately to Heaven to be with Christ (John 14:3; Philippians 1:21-23).
- According to His promise, Jesus will return to judge the impenitent and reign in glory with His people in the New World which is to come (Acts 1:9-11; Romans 8:18-25; 1 Corinthians 15; Revelation 21:1-4).
“The Lord is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance” (1 Peter 3:9).