WELCOME TO OUR WEBSITE
Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. We pray that 2021 will be a blessed year for all visitors to our website in spite of the ongoing difficulties and restrictions due to COVID-19. We thank God for the development and provision of the vaccine against the virus, and pray that its distribution throughout the world during this year will enable life to return to some semblance of normality for all people of all nationalities.
The purpose of this website is to make available the preached ministry and writings of Dr. Harry Kilbride.
“…if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me – the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.” (Acts 20:24)
Our featured sermon this month is a message especially for the new year. It is taken from Paul’s Epistle to the Philippians, chapter 3, verses 13-14.
A lovely hymn for the new year reflecting our featured sermon, written by B. Mansell Ramsey (1849-1923)
Teach me Thy way, O Lord, Teach me Thy way! Thy gracious aid afford, teach me Thy way!
Help me to walk aright, more by faith, less by sight; lead me with heavenly light; teach me thy way
When doubts and fears arise, teach me Thy way! When storms o’erspread the skies, teach me…
Shine through the cloud and rain, through sorrow toil and pain; make Thou my pathway plain, teach me…
Long as my life shall last, teach me Thy way! Where’er my lot be cast, teach me…
Until the race is run; until the journey’s done, until the crown is won, teach me…
Notes for January:
- New additions to our website this month are recordings of 10 messages on the subject, The Bible, Leadership, and the Ministry of Women. These talks were the result of in depth studies of issues facing evangelicals in every generation. We have posted the series on the page: Leadership and the Ministry of Women
- A short introduction to the above series on Leadership and the Ministry of Women can be found on: From Harry’s Desk…2020
- Also this month we are recommencing our series on the Life of David with the addition of six messages following the narrative of David as King. Part 1 of the series focused on David’s life from shepherd boy to King of all Israel. We resume the series focusing on David’s reign – his triumphs and failures, his sin and his repentance. Click on David the King and scroll down to Part 2.
- With the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II taking place this year, the narratives describing the story of World War II have a special poignancy. The narrative is divided into fourteen chapters on four pages. A brief summary of the contents of each chapter with a link to each page can be found by clicking on: The Story of World War II
- The articles From Harry’s desk can now be found on a page of their own listed by year from 2014 – 2020. For ease of navigation the parent page contains a list of the articles featured in each year along with the link to that particular year. Click on: From Harry’s desk
- We mentioned previously that we will be publishing some of Harry’s booklets on our website. We have now posted the booklets entitled: Trustworthy and True and The Virgin Birth – relevant in the 21st century?
In this 21st century when the world is changing so rapidly and becoming increasingly uncertain, we believe that there is one foundation that is sure and unchanging – God’s Word. Harry’s preaching method is expository, that is, God’s Word explained and applied to every day life.
With the advent of the internet and all the modern technological advances it is now possible to make Harry’s ministry freely accessible to anyone who visits this website.
“I came to faith hearing the message of Christ preached through the evangelist Billy Graham on March 2, 1954 in Harringay Arena, London, England, and I am now well advanced in years.
Most of my life since 1954 has been spent preaching and teaching God’s Word. The majority of those messages were recorded. We have taken a selection of messages from several sermon series and have put them on this website to be listened to online, or downloaded for later listening. ” All are free of charge.
If you have visited our site and like it, please pass on the information to your friends. We love to hear from friends old and new. Do write to us through our Contact page.
To learn more about Dr. Harry Kilbride, please visit the About page.
To access the MP3 format sermons, please visit the Sermon Series page or go directly to each series from the list at the side of the Home page.
Harry’s book “When the Road is Rough and Steep” contains messages about the hardships we may face in life such as, tragedy, depression, doubt, and anguish. Details of how to obtain copies of the book, either in paperback or e-book format, can be found on the Publications page. Also listed are some messages which have been produced in booklet format.