WELCOME TO OUR WEBSITE
The purpose of this website is to make available the preached ministry and writings of Dr. Harry Kilbride.
“…if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me – the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.” (Acts 20:24)
As the nations of the world pass grim milestones in the ongoing pandemic – so many thousands of lives lost, so many grieving families and friends, so many feeling isolated and afraid – it seemed appropriate this month to feature a sermon from Psalm 23, verse 4, entitled “Dark Valleys”. It is our prayer that through this message the Lord may bring comfort and strength to many who are passing through “dark valleys”.
The words to our featured hymn were written by Horatio Spafford, and they were born out of immeasurable personal loss. It is a hymn which has been, and continues to be, a source of comfort and strength to Christians the world over.
When peace , like a river, attendeth my way, When sorrows, like sea-billows, roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to know, It is well, it is well, with my soul.
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come, Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate! And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
My sin – oh, the bliss of this glorious thought! My sin – not in part, but the whole,
Is nailed to His cross; and I bear it no more; Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live! If Jordan above me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul
But, Lord, ’tis for Thee, for Thy coming, we wait; The sky, not the grave, is our goal
Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord! Blessed hope! Blessed rest of my soul.
Notes for March:
- This month we have added a new page to our website. It is entitled “Short Series” and from time to time we will add shorter series of messages to the page. For this month we have added six expositions on Psalm 23 entitled: The Lord is my Shepherd; Green pastures, still waters, and right paths; He restoreth my soul; Dark valleys; The Lord, a Bountiful Host; and Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow. Click on: Short Series
- Also on the Short Series page is the series of messages based on the seven utterances of our Lord Jesus Christ as He suffered on the cross entitled: Cries from the Cross.
- As a boy of five, in September 1939, Harry remembers his father explaining to him that the country was at war and what that would mean. A few years later, in the early 1950s, as a young man he served 3 years in the Royal Air Force, part of which was spent in Occupied Germany. In the many years since then, Harry has been a student of the events of World War II. In his retirement years he began writing an overview of the events of the War so that we never forget those terrible events. We have included the results of Harry’s work on our website under the title The Story of World War II. The narrative is divided into fourteen chapters on four pages. A brief summary of the contents of each chapter with a link to each page can be found by clicking on: The Story of World War II
- The articles From Harry’s desk can now be found on a page of their own listed by year from 2014 – 2020. For ease of navigation the parent page contains a list of the articles featured in each year along with the link to that particular year. Click on: From Harry’s desk
- We mentioned previously that we will be publishing some of Harry’s booklets on our website. We have now posted the booklets entitled: Trustworthy and True and The Virgin Birth – relevant in the 21st century?
In this 21st century when the world is changing so rapidly and becoming increasingly uncertain, we believe that there is one foundation that is sure and unchanging – God’s Word. Harry’s preaching method is expository, that is, God’s Word explained and applied to every day life.
With the advent of the internet and all the modern technological advances it is now possible to make Harry’s ministry freely accessible to anyone who visits this website.
“I came to faith hearing the message of Christ preached through the evangelist Billy Graham on March 2, 1954 in Harringay Arena, London, England, and I am now well advanced in years.
Most of my life since 1954 has been spent preaching and teaching God’s Word. The majority of those messages were recorded. We have taken a selection of messages from several sermon series and have put them on this website to be listened to online, or downloaded for later listening. ” All are free of charge.
If you have visited our site and like it, please pass on the information to your friends. We love to hear from friends old and new. Do write to us through our Contact page.
To learn more about Dr. Harry Kilbride, please visit the About page.
To access the MP3 format sermons, please visit the Sermon Series page or go directly to each series from the list at the side of the Home page.
Harry’s book “When the Road is Rough and Steep” contains messages about the hardships we may face in life such as, tragedy, depression, doubt, and anguish. Details of how to obtain copies of the book, either in paperback or e-book format, can be found on the Publications page. Also available are some messages which have been produced in booklet format.