WELCOME TO OUR WEBSITE
The purpose of this website is to make available the preached ministry and writings of Dr. Harry Kilbride.
“…if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me – the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.” (Acts 20:24)
As the pandemic continues to rage and we contemplate a second national lockdown many people are frightened, isolated, and alone. Our featured sermon examines an event in the life of Jacob when he was fleeing and afraid for his life and God met with him. Genesis 28, v15.
Our featured hymn is a lovely prayer for God’s guidance in difficult times. It was written in the 19th century by William Henry Burleigh, and the tune is Ellers.
Lead us, O Father, in the paths of peace: Without Thy guiding hand we go astray,
And doubts appal, and sorrows still increase; Lead us through Christ, the true and living Way.
Lead us, O Father, in the paths of truth: Unhelped by Thee, in error’s maze we grope,
While passion stains and folly dims our youth, And age comes on uncheered by faith or hope.
Lead us, O Father, in the path of right: Blindly we stumble when we walk alone,
Involved in shadows of a darkening night; Only with Thee we journey safey on.
Lead us, O Father, to Thy heavenly rest, However rough and steep the path may be,
Through joy or sorrow, as Thou seest best, Until our lives are perfected in Thee.
Notes for November:
- New additions to our website this month are recordings of 10 messages on the subject, The Bible, Leadership, and the Ministry of Women. These talks were the result of in depth studies of issues facing evangelicals in every generation. We have posted the series on the page: Leadership and the Ministry of Women
- A short introduction to the above series on Leadership and the Ministry of Women can be found on: From Harry’s Desk…2020
- With the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II taking place this year, the narratives describing the story of World War II have a special poignancy. The narrative is divided into fourteen chapters on four pages. A brief summary of the contents of each chapter with a link to each page can be found by clicking on: The Story of World War II
- The articles From Harry’s desk can now be found on a page of their own listed by year from 2014 – 2020. For ease of navigation the parent page contains a list of the articles featured in each year along with the link to that particular year. Click on: From Harry’s desk
- We mentioned previously that we will be publishing some of Harry’s booklets on our website. We have now posted the booklets entitled: Trustworthy and True and The Virgin Birth – relevant in the 21st century?
In this 21st century when the world is changing so rapidly and becoming increasingly uncertain, we believe that there is one foundation that is sure and unchanging – God’s Word. Harry’s preaching method is expository, that is, God’s Word explained and applied to every day life.
With the advent of the internet and all the modern technological advances it is now possible to make Harry’s ministry freely accessible to anyone who visits this website.
“I came to faith hearing the message of Christ preached through the evangelist Billy Graham on March 2, 1954 in Harringay Arena, London, England, and I am now well advanced in years.
Most of my life since 1954 has been spent preaching and teaching God’s Word. The majority of those messages were recorded. We have taken a selection of messages from several sermon series and have put them on this website to be listened to online, or downloaded for later listening. ” All are free of charge.
If you have visited our site and like it, please pass on the information to your friends. We love to hear from friends old and new. Do write to us through our Contact page.
To learn more about Dr. Harry Kilbride, please visit the About page.
To access the MP3 format sermons, please visit the Sermon Series page or go directly to each series from the list at the side of the Home page.
Harry’s book “When the Road is Rough and Steep” contains messages about the hardships we may face in life such as, tragedy, depression, doubt, and anguish. Details of how to obtain copies of the book, either in paperback or e-book format, can be found on the Publications page. Also listed are some messages which have been produced in booklet format.