WELCOME TO OUR WEBSITE
Dr Harry Kilbride was called into the presence of his Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, on July 30, 2022 at the age of 88 years.
The ongoing purpose of this website is to make available his preaching and writings.
“For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.” 1 Corinthians 2:2
Our featured sermon is the second of two messages on Praying in the Spirit, taken from Ephesians, chapter 6 and verse 18. The two messages focus on eleven characteristics that should mark prayers that are ‘in the Spirit’. This message highlights the final five characteristics as follows: a) prayers that are intelligent and specific; b) prayers that are like those recorded in Scripture of the Lord Jesus Christ; c) prayers that desire God’s will and are for His glory; d) prayers that are related to winning the lost; and e) prayers that are prayed earnestly.
- Four new sermons have been added to the series of messages entitled, Spiritual Warfare consisting of expositions of Ephesians, chapter 6, verses 10-17. The new messages are entitled: The Sword of the Spirit – in defence; The Sword of the Spirit – in attack; Praying in the Spirit I; Praying in the Spirit II. They can be found in two places Short Series and Ephesians (Scroll down to chapter 6).
- The video recording of the Thanksgiving Service for the life and ministry of Harry Kilbride, which took place on August 19th, can be found on the Hymns and Spiritual Songs page. The service has been divided into three parts, each of approximately 20 minutes duration. Click on: Hymns and Spiritual Songs
- We have added six further messages to the series in Genesis 1-12 – the Book of Origins. They are entitled, The Flood; The Aftermath of the Flood; The Biblical Doctrine of Covenants; The Sin of Noah and his son; The Descendants of Noah, and Babel and its Tower. Click on: Genesis 1-12: Book of Origins
- Please continue to pray for our brothers and sisters in Ukraine as this terrible war drags on and the cold of winter continues to bring misery to millions who live in the war zone or are displaced to other parts of Ukraine, the surrounding countries, and other countries throughout the world. European Mission Fellowship continues to minister in Ukraine through their workers and other mission partners bringing spiritual and humanitarian aid. Please pray for all concerned in this ministry that the Lord will give them daily grace and strength to cope with all the responsibilities placed upon them at this time.
- We have added a new booklet entitled: Chosen by Grace. This article is an examination of the doctrine of Election under the headings: Does the Bible teach sovereign grace? Why do we find it difficult to accept? How may we understand this truth better? and What difference does it make?
- We invite visitors to our site to visit the page Hymns and Spiritual Songs where we have posted a number of hymns and choruses. We hope they will bring back memories of words and music which has to a large extent passed out of general usage today.
- The articles From Harry’s desk can now be found on a page of their own listed by year from 2014 – 2020. For ease of navigation the parent page contains a list of the articles featured in each year along with the link to that particular year. Click on: From Harry’s desk
- Other of Harry’s booklets also posted on this site are entitled: Trustworthy and True ; The Virgin Birth – relevant in the 21st century?; Dealing with Doubt; and Justification by Faith . They can be found under the Articles head.
In this 21st century when the world is changing so rapidly and becoming increasingly uncertain, we believe that there is one foundation that is sure and unchanging – God’s Word. Harry’s preaching method is expository, that is, God’s Word explained and applied to every day life.
With the advent of the internet and all the modern technological advances it is now possible to make Harry’s ministry freely accessible to anyone who visits this website.
Harry wrote of his conversion:
“I came to faith hearing the message of Christ preached through the evangelist Billy Graham on March 2, 1954 in Harringay Arena, London, England, and I am now well advanced in years.
Most of my life since 1954 has been spent preaching and teaching God’s Word. The majority of those messages were recorded. We have taken a selection of messages from several sermon series and have put them on this website to be listened to online, or downloaded for later listening. ” All are free of charge.
If you have visited our site and like it, please pass on the information to your friends. We love to hear from friends old and new. Do write to us through our Contact page.
To learn more about Dr. Harry Kilbride, please visit the About page.
To access the MP3 format sermons, please visit the Sermon Series page.
Harry’s book “When the Road is Rough and Steep” contains messages about the hardships we may face in life such as, tragedy, depression, doubt, and anguish. Details of how to obtain copies of the book, either in paperback or e-book format, can be found on the Publications page.